The Big 12 energy Rankings after Week 4:
1. TCU (previous ranking: 1): Thanks to some last-second heroics from Aaron Green, the Horned Frogs passed an important road-test within their 55-52 win in Lubbock against Tx Tech. That’s a hardcore group that will defeat any person in a shootout. TCU took some more hits on the way, losing receivers Ty Slanina and Emanuel Porter to damage, but Gary Patterson along with his staff continue doing an extraordinary work of guaranteeing dozens of losses don’t develop into losings.
2. Baylor (2): Art Briles set the club high because of this one out of hoping to get back again to playing Baylor basketball, along with his people absolutely delivered. Seth Russell tied a school record with six TDs, including three to Corey Coleman, on the way to a 42-point very first 1 / 2 and a 70-17 win over Rice. Good for the backups to obtain additional than one quarter of reps, too. These Bears yes look ready to roll into Big 12 play.
3. Oklahoma (3): The Sooners got a valuable chance to regroup on a bye week before Big 12 play. Their particular winnings at Tennessee early in the day this season lost a tiny bit of its shine on Saturday with all the Vols’ loss to Florida, but a road win in SEC country still never ever hurts. We are going to understand a lot more about where in actuality the Sooners belong inside College Football Playoff photo once they accept a hot West Virginia staff a few weeks.
4. Western Virginia (5): challenging poke many holes in West Virginia’s 45-6 conquer Maryland. Certain, it absolutely was against a weak Big Ten foe, but WVU nonetheless scored the game’s initially 45 points (38-0 at halftime) and has already been completely principal with its three nonconference victories. The remainder Big 12 had better not be overlooking the Mountaineers, which get a massive opportunity to send an email next Saturday against Oklahoma in Norman.
5. Texas Tech (6): No shame with what Texas Tech showed Saturday - if everything, the Red Raiders gained more respect. They performed everything required to get that win, including forcing the late fourth down. If Green is not within the precise right spot at the correct time, we’re speaing frankly about Tx Tech as a giant-killer and a sure-fire Top 25 staff. The challenge now could be maintaining the energy next late letdown and finding ways to get it done all over again against Baylor at AT&T Stadium.
6. Oklahoma State (4): The 30-27 last-second winnings at Texas had been some of those “a winnings is a win” types of games. You need to such as the result and 4-0 begin, plus the Cowboys do know for sure what they need to get results on today. Mike Gundy pointed to unique teams plus the run game, and Mason Rudolph made some a lot of mistakes. But their defense quietly had outstanding time (13 points permitted) in addition they found an approach to finish the same job.
7. Kansas State (8): following the triple-overtime scare Louisiana Tech gave them the other day, the Wildcats most likely considered this an ideal week for a bye. The schedule ahead, you start with a trip to Oklahoma State next week, is shaping as much as be crazy-tough. Not one of the property games look easy, either, until Iowa State visits in late November.
8. Texas (7): They’re an improved team than this ranking, however the Longhorns have to start winning to maneuver up in the energy Rankings. Their particular defense eventually turned up resistant to the Cowboys, and their particular young corners show great guarantee. But Texas’ offense had beenn’t way too hard to stop as soon as Jerrod known got contained, and unique groups cost them dearly yet again. Can they avoid the dreaded 1-5 start?
9. Iowa State (9): The Cyclones had a bye and obtain a couple of weeks to organize for this terrifying upcoming stretch: at Texas Tech, vs. TCU as well as Baylor. But very first up, Kansas concerns city next week-end. Calling this one a must-win form of goes without saying.
10. Kansas (10): A depleted head-coach-less Rutgers team however pounded KU for 312 yards on 58 carries and never trailed in a 27-14 win that directs David Beaty and his Jayhawks to 0-3. Their very own run online game got turn off, in addition to Montell Cozart vs. Deondre Ford situation at quarterback is inquisitive. KU needs to have that figured out before visiting Iowa State after that weekend.